The Role: Property Manager–Residential & Commercial
The Property Manager primary responsibilities will include property management, leasing/sales, tenant relations and HOA responsibilities. More specifically, duties will include
- Oversee commercial and residential leasing including condos, single family homes for rent
- Facilitating/negotiating sales, new leases, lease renewals
- Ensure that lease files are completed and property executed, in accordance with local laws and approved operating policies.
- Collections and evictions including managing counsel for tenant defaults or arrears.
- Overseeing Maintenance Technician position
- Physically walk and inspect community on a regular basis.
- Coordinate all maintenance requests including timely work on apartments after move-out. Oversight of maintenance work orders.
- Engage and manage outside lease brokers as needed
- Monitor progress on active projects to ensure on schedule
- Hiring/overseeing contractors as required to perform maintenance and other tasks
- Purchase supplies and services as needed to maintain building, within approval limits
- Prepare bid recommendations with supporting data
- Identify areas for improvement and recommend solutions
- HOA responsibilities will include acting as Director on Boards, attend, participate in HOA meetings and oversight of management company
- Weekly reporting and updates on income properties & HOA’s
- Prepare and submit information/reports as required for finance/accounting
- Other duties as required
To be successful within the Geosam team, you must be tenacious, willing to work hard and able to pivot often. You bring a ‘can-do’, self-start motivation, and a pragmatic, outside the box thinking. You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in residential/commercial property management
- Leasing/Sales experience
- An understanding of building operations
- Self-starter who can effectively work with minimal supervision when required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express candor and conviction in priorities and be able to critically receive the same
- Strong negotiation, problem solving and relationship-building abilities
- Financial awareness, knowledge of budget process, minimization of controllable costs and optimum utilization of resources
- Highly organized and detail orientated.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of YARDI software an asset
How To Apply
If this sounds like a role suited for you, please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we greatly appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.