The Role: Entitlements Permit Manager
As our Entitlements Permit Manager, you will work with the development team who is responsible for the overall progress and planning of projects, approval of plans and obtain the necessary permits. Your job responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform detailed review and analysis of entitlement status of prospective acquisitions, including assessment of due diligence information and documentation
- Solicit bids, select and coordinate engineers and other consultants.
- Coordinate, review and track the submittal of tentative maps, final maps and improvement plans.
- Coordinate with staff on Planning Commission and/or Council approval of Final Map and Final Map recordation at County Recorder’s office
- Request, receive and submit agency application fees, submit applications and plans to City and County agencies.
- Serve as liaison between the development team and various governmental agencies and departments
- Schedule, coordinate and attend follow-up meetings City/County staff, public hearings and neighborhood meetings. This includes preparing presentation and speaking at these meetings.
- Prepare and submit notifications and affidavits of notice
- Provide support in preparation of approval of acquisitions
- Maintain critical relationships within the private development community, state and local governmental and quasi-governmental authorities, and private engineering firms
- Coordinate lot exhibits, community information statements, zoning disclosures, CC&Rs and easement disclosures, etc.
To be successful within the Geosam team, you must be tenacious, willing to work hard and able to pivot often. You bring a ‘can-do’, self-start motivation, and a pragmatic, outside the box thinking. You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Two years land planning experience
- Familiarity with municipal regulations and approval processes
- Understanding of land entitlement processes and procedures.
- Highly organized and detail orientated.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Extensive knowledge in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook.
- Excellent project management/coordination skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express candor and conviction in priorities and be able to critically receive the same
- Strong negotiation, problem solving and relationship-building abilities
- Self-starter who can effectively work with minimal supervision when required
- Proven ability to work under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Ambitious, energetic, decisive & hard-working
- Comfortable moving between overseeing projects and hands on, front line duties as required
- Financial awareness, knowledge of budget process, minimization of controllable costs and optimum utilization of resources
- Must have a valid Driver’s License be able to drive to/from sites, offices and more.
How To Apply
If you are excited about what you’ve read and can see yourself in this role, please send your resume and cover letter to:: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates who are interested in this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.